Saturday, December 26, 2009

What are these small white pimple like things on my arms?

What are these small white pimple like things on my arms? They are kinda like little tiny pimples with a little white on them. So when I rub the palm of my hand over my arm, I feel small little bump bumps instead of a smooth normal arm. Can I make these go away? Please help because it feels really weird and looks unattractive!|||i have something just like that. but not the white. its like goosebumps but they are there ALL the time. i went to my doctor and he said it was herited in your genes. there%26#039;s no cure for it, well because you got it off your parents.|||It might be keratosis pillaris. (I think that%26#039;s how it%26#039;s spelled). I have it and have had it since I was about twelve. It%26#039;s also called %26quot;chicken skin%26quot; and generally does show up in places like your arms and your back.








It%26#039;s a genetic condition (although no one else in my family that I know of has it) and cannot be cured. All you can do is control it. There are prescription creams that a dermatologist can prescribe, but they can be expensive. Am Lactin is similar, cheaper, and can be bought over the counter. I%26#039;ve tried putting on baby oil every night after I shower and that seems to help. Right now I%26#039;m experimenting with vitamin E skin oil.





The best thing to do is talk to a dermatologist first to see for sure if that%26#039;s what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment